1st October 2019-1st October 2020
Dutovlje + Postojna, Slovenia
European Solidarity Corps Long Term
We want to help people with mental health problems to improve their quality of life. Through the implementation of our project “Every Day Counts”, we want to show our residents that every day is important and every day we can create together something good.
The goal of the project is to involve people with mental health problems in society through various activities that will be implemented by volunteers. Our long-term goal is to inform young people about the importance of mental health and well-being. With their involvement in voluntary solidarity activities in organization like ours, young people will become acquainted with:
– the importance of mental health,
– what challenges people with mental health problems face,
– how despite the difficulties, exploit their potentials and talents that are hidden in every human being,
– how to work with people with such problems in an appropriate and respectful manner.
We expect an increase in the quality of life for all people included in our project. In the long run, we expect a different setting of the priorities of our lives not only for the participants, but also for the target group. To be aware of the difference and to accept diversity. Be aware of the limits and benefits that diversity offers. International volunteers will also involve local volunteers in the implementation of their projects, thereby increasing the possibility of residents involvement in society. The level of integration of our users will increase and improve the quality of their lives, as well as the satisfaction and empathy of the local population when they meet our users. The project will expand our network with other organizations in our environment, and the number of people involved in projects will increase, which will give us both personal and professional growth.
The organization will increase its capacity to perform quality activities for users. By understanding our activities, the community will increase its tolerance and empathy towards the diversity.
Our project will support two volunteers from Cyprus, for one years. Activity starts 1st Oct 2019. They will carry out their activities in the home building in Dutovlje and in the dislocated unit in Postojna.
We summarize their tasks in five points:
- Carrying out workshops for residents – creative workshops, discussion groups, conducting foreign language courses and etc.,
- Socializing with users, playing social games, short walks, sports activities …
- Participation in events – organizing sport events, celebrations, various campaigns ..
- Accompaning of users – in everyday tasks (to banks, post offices, shops, escorting to camps and vacations, walks …)
- Giving initiatives and conceptual concepts for new, different and innovative activities related to the knowledge and interest of the volunteer.
In addition to the above written tasks, they will disseminate information about their activities and European Solidarity Corps.
We want to host volunteers who are motivated to work with people with mental health problems. We welcome participants with diverse skills and who are looking forward to share their creativity through music, creative workshops, languages, computing, sports, photography, etc. We expect a volunteer to have an emphatic attitude and to be personally mature.
SELECTION OF VOLUNTEERS
Age Limit: 18-30 years old
If you are interested to take part in the project, Follow the Link Below for the Application From
The selection will close as soon as we find motivated candidates.