Project Short Intro
What: European Solidarity Corps project
When: August 19th, 2021 – September 19th, 2021 (1month)
Where: Sumy, Ukraine
Who: 12 volunteers:
3 volunteers from Poland
3 volunteers from Bulgaria
3 volunteers from Italy
3 volunteers from Cyprus
This one month project is for 12 enthusiastic volunteers from 4 different countries: Bulgaria, Poland, Cyprus and Italy. It is the result of the cooperation between two organizations from Ukraine and Poland with the input of partner organizations from Italy, Bulgaria and Cyprus.
It addresses to the problem of cultural integration and social exclusion and focuses on the themes of inclusion, youth involvement, citizenship and cultural diversity.
In general the project objectives are:
– promote solidarity among people;
– develop cooperation and mutual understanding;
– promote volunteering as a tool for civic participation and a mechanism for acquiring skills;
– support populations in processes of social exclusion, including minority groups;
– promote intercultural learning.
Volunteers will support young people’s and euroclubs members’ initiatives and participate in various forms of voluntary activities in the summer camps orgnized by CEI and in the partnership with CEI. Volunteers will participate in groups in non-profit, unpaid activities and events.