Main activities destination: Młodzieżowy Dom Kultury w Oświęcimiu (Youth Cultural Center)
Duration: 12 months
Location: Oświęcim city (32-600), Lesser Poland, southern Poland (near Krakow and Katowice cities)
Placements: in total 2
1. Activities for children (age 7-12):
– leading music workshops, creative, developing imagination, manual skills, etc.,
– leading art workshops (painting, drawing)
– leading DIY workshops (examples: ceramics)
– integrating,ice-breaking, energizer games with children,
– winter holidays: theater, creative and dance workshops; board games day; supporting carers during trips outside the area of a cultural center (eg a trip to the cinema);
– language classes, both English and native language of volunteer;
2. Activities for youngsters (age 13-20):
-organization of workshops or competitions on various topics (European citizenship, multiculturalism and others);
– language classes, both English and native language of the volunteer;
– running a volunteering club – an information meetings where young people will be able to learn about the Erasmus + and European Solidarity Corps Programmes, the Voluntary Projects, but also other possibilities financed from EU funds (eg internships or trainings) as well as gain there the skills and knowlagde necessary to future work.
– photographic, dance and music workshops, etc.
– watching the movies with important topics for contemporary adolescent youth combined with a lecture and discussion after the screening.
3. Help in organizing or authoring ideas for special events, cultural events
– help in organizing cultural events together with MDK workers (concerts, young talents contests etc.)
-Help to organize a meeting with Santa Claus or Saint Marcin for children during Christmas and looking for a bunny before Easter;
– Possibility to organize your own special event according to the original idea in order to enrich the offer of the Culture Center
4. Help in office work, e.g.
– archiving documents;
– project management and documentation;
– updating the MDK INSTAGRAM;
– visual documentation of projects and events: photography, film, music videos, etc.
We can offer:
– learning methods of work in cultural center;
– experience and interesting contacts
– experience in organizing cultural events
– learning and using innovative and creative methods in working with children and young people
– possibility of developing own ideas for the workshops and their independent implementation
– active and constructive participation in the social life of our local community
– project management skills and time
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements
- accommodation for each participant in a flat shared by two people of the same sex. The flat includes a kitchen, a bathroom and two rooms. Everything needed can be found in each flat. Special needs of the participants will be taken into account.
- An amount of 100 EUR for food
- An amount of 120 EUR for pocket money
2 young people in age 18-30 years old. The project participant should be active, flexible, motivated, creative and are interested in active participation and self-involvement.We are open to any person who wants to put him\herself out there, who is ready to face new challenges and gain new skills, by leaving an unforgettable experience abroad.The profile of the volunteer shall have the following characteristics:– Keen interest in the contents of the project;
– Real motivation for the experience;
– Willingness to live and work in an Oświęcim city
– interest in working with children and young people, because these are the target groups for which the FRSP and Youth Cultural Center organize various events or workshops;
– willingness to learn about Polish culture and traditions, but also readiness to share their culture;
– the high level of interpersonal communication, activities within the project focus on working with people – the volunteer must be open to contacts;
– initiative and creativity – we want to develop our offer, so any additional skills of volunteers will be welcome, creativity in work in culture and in NGOs is necessary;
– previous experience in various cultural and social activities will be welcome but not obligatory.
The selection process
The selection process will be based on three fundamental criteria: a good application form (Application-form_FRSP_MDK) not only justifying the interest on the project but in the values that the European Solidarity Corps Programme contributes, a curriculum vitae (better if in the Europass format) in English, with a photograph.
After the pre-selection, the host organisation will contact the candidates through skype interview. Later, the final selection is made and the results are announced to the interested parties.