October 2019-March 2020
Long Term ESC
NGO KEAN – Cell of Alternative Youth Activities will give the opportunity to 4 young people between the ages of 18 and 30, from Cyprus, Italy, Spain and Slovakia to travel to Athens-Greece and experience what is really like to volunteer abroad, through the European Solidarity Corps Volunteering Project entitled “Youth4Youth” (Y4Y). The project “Youth4Youth” is a Volunteering project that will take place in the city of Athens in Greece and will last for 6 months (184 days + 2 travel days). The main topics addressed by the activity are cultural diversity and exchange as well as intercultural dialogue, environmental awareness, quality use of youth free time and volunteering.
During the activity, the volunteers will contribute with their ideas, knowledge and skills to the implementation of qualitative activities for local youngsters in need of empowerment. They will engage in diverse activities for young people such as language exchanges, cultural tandems, art labs, music workshops, environmental laboratories, coding lessons and more.
Some Indicative Tasks and Activities:
• Developing and organizing the weekly activities of the “Youth Center” in collaboration with the task coordinator• Preparing the sessions of the “Youth Center” (language exchanges, cultural tandems, art labs, music workshops, environmental laboratories, coding lessons, etc.). Designing an accurate plan, preparing needed materials and logistics.
• Implementing and supporting the activities of the “Youth Center” (Reception of beneficiaries, registration, preparation of space and logistics equipment and implementation of the undertaken activities).
• Implementing dissemination & visibility activities to promote the “Youth Center” and the services offered and dissemination of results.
• Searching for new volunteers for the support of the “Youth Center” activities (e-mails, announcements, phone communication).
• Attending Greek language courses on the OLS Platform of the European Commission.
• Attending weekly monitoring and evaluation meetings with the task coordinator and the mentor.
What do we provide?
Accommodation in the city center of Athens
Monthly Transportation Card
Personal Support from a Mentor and Task-related support from a Task Coordinator
Youthpass Certificate at the end of your volunteering period
If you want to offer your voluntary services and have a real and valuable positive affect on young people, communities and society, to further develop your professional and personal skills, to gain more knowledge and confidence, to improve your English and learn a new language, meet new people, make new friendships and have fun then don’t waste time; APPLY NOW!
SELECTION OF VOLUNTEERS
Age Limit: 18-30 years old
If you are interested to take part in the project, Follow the Link Below for the Application From
The selection will close as soon as we find motivated candidates.