28th February-05th March 2019
‘One Last Chance: Eris Apple for Conflict Resolution’ is a mobility for youth workers focused on the topic of conflict management. This mobility has been tested before in 2016 (Portugal) and 2017 (Poland and Norway) with excellent results therefore motivating us to reinforce the methodologies that aim to tackle the increasing tensions and signs of intolerance spreading in Europe. We choose Cyprus and Nicosia for reasons connected to it being the only divided and occupied city in Europe, furthermore being a capital, where the main issues of this project fit in a imperative way. This project training course aims to equip youth workers with tools, methods, approaches, mind-sets and raised awareness to different perspectives of conflict and how to transform it fostering empathy and tolerance. One key aspect of this project is the post-project effects that create multiplier events motivated by a strong spirit of entrepreneurship and activism, needed in many communities and local regions where only the youth worker can intervene.
The project will gather 11 partners and a total of 26 participants for 6 working days during October 2018 in Cyprus capital, Nicosia. The participants will be youth workers, educators and volunteers directly involved with active intervention in the field, in their local organizations and with direct access to target-group environment. Participating countries: Cyprus, Portugal, Norway, Italy, France, Turkey, Jordan, Spain, Austria, Poland and Ukraine.
The main objectives of this project are:
- Improve youth workers’ skills with practical tools and experiential non-formal activities on conflict, conflict management, prejudice and migration issues; Improve youth work quality and enhance the role of youth workers and NGOs as social facilitators spreading European values and a culture of peace;
- Develop competencies and skills directly linked to positive conflict management like empathy and remembrance;
- Enhance the participants’ attitude in transforming conflict situations into reflection and learning opportunities;
- Develop competencies on non-violent behaviors
- Share among youth workers and partners concerns about issues of conflict, conflict management, migration and prejudice, exchange good practices and tools;
- Enhance international cooperation, including trust between participants and partner organisations;
- Promote recognition of the educational value of NFE activities for building a more aware and understanding Europe.
- Ha Moment CRL – Portugal
- Narviksenteret – Norway
- Support – Austria
- Asociacion Cultural y Social Trib-Arte – Spain
- I Dare for Sustainable Development – Jordan
- Hors Pistes – France
- Genclik ve Degisim Dernegi – Turkey
- Janelas – Italy
- Stowarzyszenie Projektow Miedzynarodowych – Poland
- Hromadska organizatsiya – Ukraine
Application Form Here