14th-21st of October 2019
Velden am Wörthersee, Austria
A YOUTH’S JOURNEY TO POLITICS” is aiming to tackle certain issues youth workers faceth-,such as passiveness towards local, national and European topics as well as increasingly extreme positions in politics. The training course aims to empower youth workers to be able to explain and involve young people in politics by equipping them with hands-on skills, democratic attitude and knowledge of political processes.
“A YOUTH’S JOURNEY TO POLITICS” Training Programme will achieve the following objectives:
- To create a common definition and understanding of what politics is and how it functions in a modern democracy.
- To foster the connection between active participation and the European Charter of Fundamental Rights.
- To understand what policies are and how they are created, and what are the processes and mechanisms implied, and learn about existing tools like Structured Dialogue and Co-Management applied to youth policies.
- To learn about advocacy and communication in the world of politics and governance.
- To discover how politics function at European level, the importance of networking with other societal sectors.
- To plan local actions where youth organisations and youth workers get involved with local/national decision-making bodies, by designing a youth policy amendment, propose it, network, and submit it
- Eligible to participate in this project are only Cypriots and/or Cypriot residents.
- 2 participants 18+ years old
- Food and accommodation are fully covered from the project and the traveling cost up to 360 euro
- 30 euro participation Fee
- If you are interested to participate you can fill up the Application Form