This training course aims to improve and refine the communication skills (and their connections
with relationships and values) of Youth workers and organisations providing them competences,
tools and methods to address their work to marginalised youth.
It enhances the professionalism and quality of Youth work and NFE and raise inclusion
opportunities for marginalised youth – especially those at risk of exclusion and with violent and
risky behaviours- as indirect beneficiaries. It spreads European values of tolerance, dialogue,
respect of human rights firstly among youth workers – as a common reflection, awareness and
empowerment of communication tools against violence – and then among youth.
In this training we will focus on the development of communication and cooperation skills, using the methods of:
Non Violent Communication
Media literacy and critical thinking
– To gain the knowledge about different forms, strategies, norms and mistakes of communication;
– To gain practical skills of communication to be used in working with diversity and inclusion;
– To experience the barriers of cooperation and learn from them strategies to cope in a daily life
– To learn how to give and receive feedback;
– To gain skills of empathic communication and adapt it to use within diverse groups;
– To gain skills of Transactional Analysis;
– To acquire competencies of public speaking
– To trigger discussion about values and human rights and how positive communication skills can
open everyone to share common fundamental values of our society: freedom, tolerance and
– To plan follow-up sessions about communication for cooperation in each partner country;
– To enhance Non Formal education methods and recognition of NFE learnings producing blog
posts ‘how to communicate to cooperate’
– To facilitate the creation of partnership for further projects among the organisations (through the
positive exchange among the organisations);
– To strengthen participants and organisations competences and capability in youth work and
international dimension and cooperation.
When are where the training will happen?
5th to 11th October 2018 (1 travel day + 6 working days) in Vinci, Italy
For 20 motivated youth workers (2 per each organisation) motivated and part of the organisational staff.
Laris Guerri – Italy – https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/toy/laris-guerri.3428/
Olga Kuczynska – Portugal – https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/toy/olga-kuczynska.4558/
Lerio Cunha – Portugal – https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/toy/lerio-cunha.4237/
We are looking for 2 participants over 20 years old
Eligible to participate in this project are only Cypriots or Cypriot residents.
Food and accommodation are fully covered from the project and the traveling cost is covered up to 275€
All the candidates MUST apply on SALTO website by 8th JULY: