06th-15th of December 2019
An educational game is a game that is designed to teach humans about a specific subject and to teach them a skill or change attitudes. Games are interactive play that teaches us goals, rules, adaptation, problem solving, interaction, all represented as a story. They give us the fundamental needs of learning by providing – enjoyment, assionate involvement, structure, motivation, ego gratification, adrenaline, creativity, social interaction and emotion. As all types of youth
work have one key aim – to help young people’s emotional and social development in an informal setting but through educational processes, it is essential for the youth workers to be able to develop educational games for the specific context they have in their local community and purpose they want to reach. Taking all these into account, the main aim
of this training is to empower and give youth workers frameworks and space to create and practice educational games to be used in their daily work. During the training participants will be given the opportunity to become game-architects and facilitators of educational games through experiential and non-formal learning.
The training will have the following structure planned:
1) Research and deeper understanding of various social issues relevant for the participants (social exclusion, active participation, discrimination, various global issues etc.)- based on the needs of the group and local context and what educational and experiential games are they using for their target groups;
2) Theory on educational and experiential games architecture and tips and tricks how to run smoothly a meaningful learning activity for the target group identified; How to evaluate an educational activity and give a constructive feedback;
3) Developing, Planning, Implementing and Evaluating a Final event (testing the fames developed) – the group will go through all important steps of creating educational and/or experiential games, which they will actually do in the training and implement during the local event.
- Eligible to participate in this project are only Cypriots and/or Cypriot residents.
- 3 participants 18+ years old
- Food and accommodation are fully covered from the project and the traveling cost up to 360 euro
- If you are interested to participate you can fill up the Application Form