27th of May -03rd of June 2022
About The Project
Emotional Intelligence (EI) is the ability of a person to identify and recognize own and others’ emotions, it allows using emotional information to guide one’s behaviour and adapt to different environments – studies have proven that people with higher EI have greater mental health, job performance and leadership skills. EI boosts ability of listening and mediating – that is crucial when working with young people. Mastering EI is strongly connected to Social emotional learning (SEL)
– process through which we understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, make responsible decisions.
UNESCO promotes EI as a vital component of mental health and peaceful living with the others. EI & SEL are those crucial soft skills of a youth worker that help us to “reaching out to all young people, in particular those with fewer opportunities: youth work has a unique potential to reach out to the most vulnerable ones and
address their individual needs” (COM(2018)269final). “EM(path) 4 YOU(th)” thus aims to build capacity of participating organizations in the field of EI & SEL education and reinvest built capacity for increasing quality of the support provided to youth with fewer opportunities across the globe.
The objectives of the project are:
– to support well-being & foster assessment of transversal skills and the professional development of participating youth workers;
– to promote EI & SEL education for mental health & well-being of youth workers and youth in general;
– to create a methodology framework for support & inclusion of youth with fewer opportunities through EI & SEL in NFE;
– to support digitalization of youth work sector by creating e-learning opportunities via Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) and ensure access for peer organizations worldwide;
- Eligible to participate in this project are only Cypriots and/or Cypriot residents.
- 2 Participants 18+
- Food and accommodation are fully covered by the project and the traveling cost up to 275 euro
- If you are interested to participate you can fill up the Application Form