03th – 12st December 2019
About the Training
Throughout Europe, we can currently observe the raise of xenophobia, racism, as well as ethnic and religious prejudices. It is also confirmed by many articles and researches. For example, EuroMed monitor claims that “Increased incidents of violence against refugees and migrants in Europe indicate that the situation is only getting worse”
Because of this, it is especially important to promote intercultural and interreligious dialogues, as well as attitude of tolerance and empathy. Youth workers have a great role to play in this matter, by shaping young people attitudes on how to communicate with each other, and go beyond stereotypes. In order to do it effectively, youth workers should have knowledge and skills on how emphatic communication and communication without violence, as those tools can be extremely important in promoting empathy towards other people and enable intercultural and interreligious dialogues.
Unfortunately, youth workers often do it intuitively. This project aims to address the above described issues.
Therefore, the objectives of the project are:
i. to equip youth workers in knowledge regarding intercultural and interreligious dialogues, as well as empathetic and non-violent communication, and how to use it effectively within their work with youth to influence their attitudes;
ii. to develop youth workers skills in the field of
expressing feelings, needs and requests,
resolving conflicts through empathic communication;
recognizing the causes of cultural misunderstanding/ conflicts and solving them constructively.
As these communication ‘tools’ are strongly connected to an approach to another human, and human interactions, based on respect, empathy and understanding for differences, they can play a crucial role in promoting empathy towards other people and enabling intercultural and interreligious dialogues. Thus, developing knowledge and competences of youth workers in these field, will allow more effectively shape young people attitudes and ‘practices’ on how to communicate with each other, and go beyond stereotypes.
Youth workers participating in the training will gain:
i) knowledge regarding
– elements and principles of empathetic communication and non-violent communication;
– intercultural and interreligious dialogues;
ii) skills in the field of
– empathic listening,
– expressing feelings, needs and requests,
– resolving conflicts through empathic communication;
– recognizing the causes of cultural misunderstanding/ conflicts and solving them constructively.
- Eligible to participate in this project are only Cypriots and/or Cypriot residents.
- 3 participants 21+ years old
- Food and accommodation are fully covered from the project and the traveling cost up to 275 euro
- If you are interested to participate you can fill up the Application Form