07th-14th of April 2020
Aquira Da Beira, Portugal
Being a group leader, especially at projects with minors or youth at risk is a big responsibility and should be done by competent group leaders who undergo specific training, are confident and see value in experience. “Leading Ladder” seeks to tackle the need of developing an approach of training members of the organization that are ready to commit to taking up roles of group leaders and of members who support/train future group leaders of the organizations.
The aim of the project is to increase the level of quality of international youth exchanges through developing youth leader/youth worker competence set for being a group leader carrying out a participatory youth exchange.
The project sets the following objectives:
- To foster mutual understanding of the group leader’s role and responsibilities in a youth exchange project throughout the whole project cycle;
- To equip participants with a set of tools for raising participation, carrying out preparation, follow-up and evaluation with groups of youth;
- To equip participants with a set of tools for implementation of non-formal learning sessions, reflection and support of young people during a youth exchange project;
- To exchange best practices and develop ways of working with difficult situations, specific target groups and taking up an inclusive approach as a group leader;
- To empower participants to take up a group leader’s role in an international YE;
- To develop a set of group leader’s skill-sheets for raising awareness of the opportunities;
The training will be based on non-formal learning methodology and the experiential learning idea. The training activity has been designed based on the needs of partner organizations and will be further tailored to the participants
once they are selected. The training program is designed to have 4 working sessions of 90 minutes and 60 minutes of reflection (personal and group) on a full training day. Optional evening activities are also offered to the participants.
Methods used are participatory and designed to be learner-centered meaning only a few frontal lecture/inputs will be made and most of the work will be done through experience and participating in group works, discussions, problem solving exercises and other activities.
- Eligible to participate in this project are only Cypriots and/or Cypriot residents.
- 2 Participants 18+ years old
- Food and accommodation are fully covered from the project and the traveling cost up 530 to euro
- 20 euros Participation Fee
- If you are interested to participate you can fill up the Application Form