13rd-18th of June 2021
The European youth has incredibly improved their opportunities and competences over the past decades. However, there are still growing threats hampering youth
participation and engagement in the creation of peaceful, inclusive and cohesive societies.
1. Youth unemployment rates are generally much higher, even double or more than double, than unemployment rates for all ages.
2. According to Eurostat, in 2014, the at-risk-of-poverty or social exclusion indicator (AROPE) rated for young people aged 15–29 was 29.8 % in the EU-28, corresponding to about 25.9 million young people.
3. Regarding marginalization and radicalization, the data from the EUROPOL report entitled “European Union Terrorism Situation and Trend Report” explains that criminal and terrorist groups have been observed to recruit from socially and demographically similar environments, in particular economically disadvantaged and frustrated young people.
Thus, the main two objectives of this project are to:
1. Equip youth workers with competences and methods on maker education that will prepare them for better empowering disadvantaged youngsters.
2. Prevent and tackle youth unemployment, risk of poverty and exclusion, marginalization and radicalization among the local youth communities by directly defining activities that will successfully reach and empower disadvantaged youngsters.
Education and lifelong learning is vital for the empowerment of our societies. Thus, YPA is committed to continue with its educational programs despite the challenges posed by the COVID-19 ongoing crisis.
Our projects will take place as planned unless European Union will decide a new general lockdown between countries in which case, we will cancel the project subjected to Force Majeure.
– Just in the case a project MUST be cancelled, participant’s fees will be fully reimbursed.
– In the case any of your selected participant’s will not be finally able to trouble because of any particular reason (excluding general lockdown and trouble imposed restriction) partner organizations will bear the responsibility of finding a replacement on time.
– We will not request a mandatory PCR performance for participants as criteria for attendance. However, is any of your participants will present COVID related symptoms by the time of the training, please, make sure to ensure a replacement for them in time. Additionally, we will inform you of any particular requirement that may be imposed by the Belgian Government for external traveler.
– In case any of your participants will develop COVID related symptoms during the implementation of the training, YPA commits to provide all the needed support and medical assistance.
We understand the exceptional situation we are all living and we count on the support of each partner to successfully manage their participation within the project. Please, make sure to have a “waiting list” of participants selected in case your primary selected participants will be finally not able to attend. Unexpected situations in these new normality are likely to happen and we should be able to respond to them smoothly.
Exceptionally, in case our National Agency will suggest so, we may be open to the possibility of postponing the training. All partners and participants will be duly informed and consulted in time.
- Eligible to participate in this project are only Cypriots and/or Cypriot residents.
- 35 euros Participation Fee
- 3 Participants 18+ years old
- Flights , Accommodation + breakfast + lunches are covered by the project
- If you are interested to participate you can fill up the Application Form