08th-14th of July 2018
Banská Štiavnica, Slovakia
Think Local, Act Local tacles the topic of “Social entrepreneurship and Innovation in rural areas” and is aimed at 27 youth workers from 8 countries, wishing to improve their work within skills related to social entrepreneurship, innovation in rural tourism and models for the inclusion of disadvantaged people.
During 7 days, on 08-14 July 2019, in Slovakia, youth workers develop and share a set of tools, best practices and innovative models of social entrepreneurship for facilitating the development of sustainable tourism in rural areas, by fostering a community involvement (with various degrees of experience, professional and educational background) and underlining methods and techniques to raise the level of awareness in European countries towards a more inclusive society. The main aim of the seminar is to share best practices, increase skills in terms of entrepreneurship, management, ICT, marketing, sustainability in tourism and engagement of communities and find path for youth workers to propose new and innovative ways to promote an inclusive and sustainable growth.
• To share and exchange best practices, tools, ideas and challenges among youth workers to promote active inclusion and engagement of communities;
• To improve social entrepreneurship knowledge, skills and attitudes for the sustainable development of rural communities;
• To exploit and capitalize tourism as development economic opportunity supporting the creation, the administration and the promotion of rural tourism initiative;
• To create a dossier which contains a set of guidelines and tools for local heritage promotion and local rural tourism product development;
• To foster networking and participation through of new partnership at different levels.
The non-formal approach, includes methods such as group discussions, round tables, simulations, and activities stimulating creativity and participation; it has been planned in order to provide comfortable, interesting and effective working and leisure atmosphere.
- Eligible to participate in this project are only Cypriots and/or Cypriot residents.
- 3 participants 18+ years old
- Food and accommodation are fully covered from the project and the traveling cost is covered up 275 €
- If you are interested to participate you can fill up the Application Form