05th-13th of May 2019
During our training we will practice outdoor education in its best way. So if possible, we will spend much time outdoors to experience the effect of the presented tools and methods directly. There will also be a theoretical input to understand the concepts behind the methods and a little bit more about the history and motives of outdoor education. Two excursions are planed. We will visit a youth training center which is located in a beautiful countryside and which uses nature as an indispensable setting for their work with challenging youngsters. A second trip will bring us to a nature reserve near Gmunden. It ́s a very touristic place and the location of some guided tours for the local tourism office and shows the tension between “protecting” and “using” nature. Over all we will be 28 persons from 9 countries. 3 participants of each partner organisation, except Croatia with 4 participants, including one supporting person for a person with disabilities.
Our main objectives
● to raise awareness for the importance and power of nature in youth work
● to develop competences and skills to use non formal education tools in different
● to introduce these pedagogical concepts for outdoor education:
○ Flow Learning from Joseph Cornell
○ Heritage Interpretation (Freeman Tilden)
○ Coyote teaching (Tom Brown)
● to raise awareness of the impact nature can have on young people
● to introduce nature as a perfect setting for social inclusion and empowerment
● to foster an ecological consciousness among the youth workers to raise awareness
of the need of an sustainable living
● to establish a strong connection between the partner organisations as a solid base
for follow up projects connected to this training
Therefore the youth workers can participate in activities using the methods following these most popular concepts in the field of outdoor education. So everyone can get individual experiences of the impact of these methods.
- Eligible to participate in this project are only Cypriots and/or Cypriot residents.
- Food and accommodation are fully covered from the project and the traveling cost is covered up to 360€
- If you are interested to participate you can fill up the Application Form