One Last Chance part 2
13-19 November 2017 | Narvik region, Norway
One Last Chance will be third edition of successful project for youth workers about conflict resolution. First one took place in Lisbon, Portugal and second one in Puszczykowo, Poland.
This training has been developed upon the ending of the KA 2 Strategic Partnership “Borderline Boardgames” which developed, among other outcomes, the educational board game “Mission Z” which presents an effective way of experiencing and reflecting on conflict and conflict management and resolution. This said board game is the base of this project, as we will lean quite heavily upon its potential to give a powerful simulation of a number of aspects surrounding the origins of conflict and how to tackle it – including communication, interculturality, mutual respect, empathy, diplomacy, mediation, and more.
The objectives of the project are:
– Improve youth workers’ skills with practical tools and experiential non-formal activities on conflict, conflict management, prejudice and migration issues;
– Improve youth work quality and enhance the role of youth workers and NGOs as social facilitators spreading European values and a culture of peace;
– Develop the competence of empathy as a skill linked to positive conflict management;
Enhance the participants’ attitude in transforming conflict situations into learning opportunities;
– Share among youth workers and partners common concerns about issues of conflict, conflict management, migration and prejudice, exchange good practices and tools;
– Enhance international cooperation, including trust between participants and organisations;
– Promote heightened recognition of the educational value of NFE activities for building a more aware and understanding Europe.
Accommodation and food are fully covered as well as travelling expenses up to 530 euro
Applications until 08/09/2017. only 2 places available